human resources manager (mbeya)
more than 60 days ago
Blue chip multinational company, market leader in 75 countries and employing over 83,000 people worldwide
Human Resources Manager
URGENT - As soon as possible
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The Human Resources Manager will be required to provide leadership and must also be able to interact as a business partner with senior management, to ensure the Human Resources function is aligned to the needs of the business and in so doing, make a significant contribution to the business.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
1. Responsible for developing and operationalising the annual Human Resources strategy.
2. Responsible for sourcing suitable candidates for all positions by first exhausting the company’s internal recruitment processes including considering the succession planning documents. Implement appropriate external recruiting processes in the event that no suitable internal candidate(s) can be found within a reasonable period.
3. Responsible for implementing HR systems and practices which will make a positive contribution to the motivation and retention of employees.
3.1. Manage the annual performance management system
3.2. Ensure proper salary and benefit surveys are conducted annually
3.3. Manage annual salary and wage review and process
3.4. Update, develop and implement HR policies
4. Responsible for the management of the industrial relations processes and procedures i.e.
4.1. Disciplinary Procedures
4.2. Grievance Procedures
4.3. Dispute Procedures
4.4. Retrenchment / Fair Termination Procedures
4.5. Wage Negotiations
4.6. Management of Trade Union / Management Relationships
5. Responsible for the implementation of all relevant “Global” (Head Office) HR Best Practices and Procedures
6. Responsible for staff communication and change management processes
7. Responsible for the implementation of local, regional and international training and development programs and initiatives for all employees
8. Responsible for the management of the payroll function, staff canteen, medical station, staff transport and security
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
1. Ideally 7 – 10 Years Human Resources experience (Minimum of 4 years as a HumanResources Manager)
2. Ideally a Bachelors degree
3. Knowledge and sound understanding of local employment laws
4. In-depth knowledge of one or more of the following HR activities:
4.1.1. Compensation & Benefits
4.1.2. Training & Development
4.1.3. Industrial Relations
4.1.4. Change Management
4.1.5. Performance Management
A commercially aware Human Resources practitioner with comprehensive understanding and experience of managing a professional Human Resources function.
• Leadership Skills
• Sound Interpersonal Skills
• Communication Skills
• Problem Solving and Decision Making Skills
• Strong results orientation and implementation skills
• Participative Management Style
In return, you will receive a generous benefits package including a competitive basic salary, bonus and normal benefits commensurate with this level position, relocation allowance and excellent career growth within this key multinational organisation.